GLMRD is proud to introduce a new venture in summer activities for children: GLAD - Grand Lake Activity Days for children!
An outdoor-based, hands-on summer education program for kids ages 6-14, organized through the Grand Lake Metropolitan Recreation District. Our Mission is to make learning fun, safe, and engaging.
Join the Grand Lake Recreation Department for a variety of fun, outdoor learning activities. Kids from Grand Lake and areas near and far can sign up for a several summer-themed program offerings. Learn about frogs and local wetlands, hike to Adams Falls, make solar ovens out of pizza boxes, learn how to fly fish, or launch a rocket! These are just some of the hands-on learning activity days that will be offered this summer in beautiful Grand Lake.
Taught by dedicated masters-level educators, each program will be designed specifically for varying age groups. Low teacher to student ratios will ensure that your child will have a fun-filled day and learn about the world too!
- The cost for each daily program will be $30 per child.
- Please pre-register at least two days prior to your start date by contacting us at the email addresses above..
- All of the registration materials (found on the age-specific program pages via the links below) must be completed and turned in in order for your child(ren) to participate.
- Payment for the activity days can be made by credit card, check or cash when you bring your child(ren) on the first day of the program. (Please note: cash or check are preferred).
- Programs are offered Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9-5. The summer schedule begins the week of June 12th and runs through the week of August 2.
- See the links below for the age-specific program descriptions and dates: